FOTS MEETING MINUTES - MONDAY 23 MAY 2022

Attendees; Nicola Nott; Alex Clarke; Gemma Grange; Jules Stow; Holly Chaplin; Jules Campbell; Sam Tompkins; Sarah Gilbert

What’s been RAISED since the last meeting;

FOTS Sponsored Walk - £2,041

FOT Summer Ball - between £6k-£8k (hoping to be doubled by Microsoft match funding by Orlando Taylor)

Cake Sale - £1027

Mayfair Stall - £280

SPENT since the last meeting;

Trips organised/to be organised;

  • Odds Farm

  • Oxford Science Trip

  • Bracknell Lookout Centre

  • Living Rain Forest

  • River & Rowing Museum - Year 6

  • South Asian Dance Workshop

  • Seaside Workshop - Key Stage 1

  • Dantastic Nights and Castles Workshop

Toys have arrived; NN to order x4 big boxes to allocate them all into; Tuesday 7th - volunteers to come in & help NN.

Sensory Garden - aiming to start work on this in the summer holidays; hopefully done in September

FUTURE SPENDING SUGGESTIONS

£1000 towards Henley Literary Festival next year.

£8000 for trips and workshops next year (same amount as this year).

REQUESTED FROM TRINITY STAFF - waiting till September for a list from them.

HONOURS BOARDS - trying to find a location within the school; suggestion to swap out some religious poster with this?

MESSAGES FROM TRINITY STAFF

  • Looking at replacing IT for the children; school are funding a lot but would like FOTS to assist and top up. WIFI has been upgraded. Enhancing learning.

  • Year 3/4 new books requested - a broader range for their book corner. Miss Chaplin order.

  • READING CORNERS look at creating one in every classroom - each need to have mini sofas, rugs & bean bags for each classroom to design a reading book corner (Reception is done). X9 classes in total. Miss Chaplin to look at the budget of £5k.

ENTERPRISE WEEK - YEAR 6

Enterprise Week for Year 6 - Sarah G & Joey Mcginn introduce the kids to Enterprise week which leads up to the kids having stalls at the Sports day; sustainability theme; practical and then they report back on how it all went.

  • About 7 full days of work.

  • Year 6 - 45 kids; in the science lab/in the hall.

  • X3 practical sessions needed; Sarah, Joey & Katherine to talk and find the times; 7/8th June.

  • Requested £300 from FOTS and then all proceeds & profits to go back into FOTS.

  • Sarah to ask Mary for the cash. Kids to be given the cash to buy what’s needed - good exercise to take ownership.

  • Letter to parents detailing the cash/ need to keep the receipts/layout of the project.

SPORTS DAY - 24th JUNE (reserve day is 8th JULY)

Nicola to send out the email delegating the following;

  • BBQ -Year 6

  • Pimms - Year 5

  • Alcohol license - Nicola

  • Stalls - the ENTERPRISE Y6 kids to hold stalls each

  • Bouncy castle - Year 2

  • Games

  • Football shootout - Year 3/4

  • Rocket Launcher - Year 3/4

  • Tin can alley - Year 1

  • Hook a duck - Reception

  • Celebrity splat - Year 5/6

  • Tuck shop - Year 4

  • Ice creams & kids drinks - Reception

  • Cakes - Year 3

  • Hairspray & glitter & tattoos - Year 1/2

CAMP OUT - NETTLEBED SCHOOL WALLED GARDEN - 16/17th JULY

12pm access to garden to set up & pitch tent

12:30pm Tesco delivery to arrive

2pm gates open

£20 - 3 man tent

£30 - 4 man tent

£40 - 6 man tent

  • Games in the garden -Sam Tompkins

  • Creation station - cards; headbands; necklaces

  • Ticket/ pitch sales - Nicola

  • Breakfast - Gilbert & Alex Clarke

  • BBQ - Gilbert

  • Day tickets are free

  • Camp fire lit with the kids - Alex Clarke

  • Tug of War

  • Cricket

  • Badminton

  • Football

  • Space hoppers

ANY OTHER BUSINESS

  • Need to vote in a new Chairman/Secretaries for FOTS in September

  • Where does the monthly direct debit PayPal funds come into - which bank? Is it FOTS (believed to be FOTS as its charitable status) or Trinity? Who is running it? Needs to be acknowledged to those who are donating each month - a follow on communication with a note of thanks. Duncan/ Nicola or Sam needs to talk to Tom Potter as he was running this initiative.

  • Suicidal foxes in the football goal nets.

  • NEXT MEETING TO BE HELD ON MONDAY 4th JULY

4 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Attendees: Nicola Nott Mary Harvey Sarah Gilbert Steph Tatman Victoria Harding Julia Stow Richard Polhill Katie Pollard Jemma Meehan Julian McLean Gemma Rowe Peter O’Hanlon Rachel Stevie Wallace Madel