Minutes of FOTS Meeting: 2nd February 2022



Attendees:

Nicola Nott

Mary Harvey

Sarah Gilbert

Steph Tatman

Victoria Harding

Julia Stow

Richard Polhill

Katie Pollard

Jemma Meehan

Julian McLean

Gemma Rowe

Peter O’Hanlon

Rachel

Stevie Wallace Madeley

Emma


Apologies: Alex Clarke


  1. Fund raising

Uniform sale

  • Jean would like to hold a sale once every half term (approx. q6w)

  • Needs help sorting through donations


Cake sales

  • Started again

  • Takings to be collected afterwards by Mary

  • Keep tongs, bags, £5 float in school office


Quiz Night - 17th March (Sarah Gilbert)

  • Need to speak to Mrs Melero about using school hall; preferred venue due to cost and sufficient seating (80 tickets sold last time)

  • Jules to discuss with Mrs Melero on Thurs

  • Sarah to organise back up venue i.e. church hall

  • Microsoft can match takings – good fundraiser

Sponsored walk – 7th May afternoon (Gemma Rowe)

  • Flower pot walk 5k or 10k

  • Copas to allow access to their land for parking and access to pathways

  • Gates need to be manned

  • Will need to hire Portaloo

  • Starbucks to provide coffee / hot choc

  • School council (with Miss Kirton/Lambelin) to help organise some activities en route i.e. word scramble, nature trail with match boxes for collecting items, stamps to collect at each checkpoint, tuck shop…

  • Other ideas; picnic tea hampers, ice cream van (Willow Basket?)

  • Money raised to go towards new toys & play equipment in the school (Miss Chaplin)

  • Need to speak to Alex about how we can ensure everyone can be involved in some way


School Ball – 21st May (Victoria Harding & Richard Polhill)

  • Venue: Rugby club

  • Meeting next week

  • Need prizes to be donated


Camp out- 16/17th July

  • Nettlebed school have agreed


  1. Accounts

Money raised:

Raffle: £800

Glow in Dark Disco: £2400

Cookbook: £670

Christmas fair: loss


Bank account £19,000

Commitments £14,000


  1. Planned trips

  • Panto – FOTS pledged £1,000, parents subsidised trip, FOTS only charged £277 in the end due to lack attendance (Covid)

  • Discuss who pays for trips in future

  • FOTS happy to subsidise trips or pay for trips in full to reduce cost to parents

  • School to improve communication to parents regarding who is paying for trips

  • Julia to ask teachers to tell the parents when a trip is subsidised/paid for by FOTS so that parents are aware of how FOTS money is being spent


  1. Other


Garden (Rebecca)

  • Julia would like to complete new raised beds before end of financial year

  • Meeting with Paul Haynes next week; more precise drawings needed for quantity survey & ordering of materials

  • Richard Thompson (does school grounds) to build raised beds


Play equipment

  • i.e. soft balls, table tennis bats, Uno…

  • Someone needs to take care of equipment so that it gets stored properly

  • Plan to buy outdoor storage containers for each playground

  • Playground attendants to encourage kids to tidy away

  • Each class to be given responsibility to choose and look after the equipment


Playground lines

  • Jules to chase up when they are going to be painted


Goal posts need to be ordered


Parent Job Audit

  • Fran / Mr Robins sent out email; limited response

  • Not just for parents to come in and speak to kids

  • Also for parents to help with fundraising, offer their skills in school

  • Richard happy to help design another survey with this in mind


8 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All