15th June 2021
1. Camp out, Nettlebed school, 17th July – cancelled
Nettlebed school have offered a plan B - to hold camp out on 24th July (during school hols)
Need to gauge interest from ticket holders – NN will send out an email
Also how many people willing to volunteer with;
- organisation of events; bouncy castle, tug of war, bonfire...
- food & alcohol order
- set up (from 12noon)
2. Sports day
Info from Dept. for Education being considered
Decision on spectators pending
After party most likely cancelled
- could we still have a few stalls (like at Christmas Fair)?
- could races be recorded to share with parents?
- instead of house colour tents (see below) could we have coloured flags or helium balloons?
3. Sports day tents (in the 4x house colours)
Were damaged by the elements and disposed of over the winter
Purchased from Gala tents; 3x6m (£2,200)
Insufficient funds to replace these at present
JS to see if would be covered by insurance
Alternative is smaller/cheaper tents i.e. 3x3m (£179)
4. How to sprinkle some joy into the end of term
- ice cream to classrooms?
- Dan Dan the Skipping Man (£1,200)
- Ice cream van for Y6 leavers assembly (on astro)
- suggestions welcome
5. Creative fundraising ideas for next year
- art competition
- sensory garden design competition (see below)
- recipe book (currently on hold)
- cycle to Bruges (hopefully Spring 2022)
- suggestions welcome
6. Money - funds are low
In the bank: £16,800
Committed spend: £2,000-4,000
Amount left for next year: £12,000-14,000
Annual regular commitments: approx. £6,000 (for example; classroom pledges, leavers books, external
learning providers, Henley Literary Festival)
£1,000 pledged, £700 spent
New books have arrived
Each classroom has a dedicated author – plan to order more books by these authors
Thank you Lora (librarian)
8. Online learning tools
£500 pledged, £200 spent (Online Learning Shed)
9. Netball nets
Ordered – where are they?
JS to chase this up
10. Playground line painting
Decided against 10y thermoplastic option (£2,000)
Elect annual repainting (£200/y) to be paid for out of school’s annual maintenance fund
JS to look into this being carried out over the summer hols
11. Pond area
Please let FOTS know when parents can come to clear the overgrown area
Proposed; 2-3 evenings midweek before the end of term
Either pay for a skip or Richard (groundsman) could remove debris
12. Sensory garden
Funding through WPA (health ins provider) benevolent fund (contact Cora)
Location; opposite scooter park, within parameters of existing path
To include; raised beds, sounds, flowers, disabled access...
CN to discuss with Miss Chaplin (SEN leader)
Need to create a CAD model and send a proposal to Cora for approval
Plan to involve children in the design & planting
Q - Do we have any landscape gardeners amongst parents?
13. Focus for next year
Mrs Melero – would like to focus on IT
14. More play equipment for the older years
Pirate ship only used by the younger years
Consider climbing frame, skipping ropes, more balls?
Mrs Evans has done a great job organising all the equipment in the storage container (thank you)
15. New FOTS Representative
Caroline Newman – thank you
16. Requesting FOTS funding
Need to ensure all requests go via Julia Stow to ensure money is shared fairly between teachers/classrooms